Thursday 28 April 2011

Mother Chu's Taiwanese Restaurant

It's funny you mention Mother Chu's Taiwanese Restaurant Iseeyachar as a few of us have been there before. I agree, the beef noodle soup is delicious! The beef noodle soup that they offer has a fantastic peppery broth with perfectly cooked noodles and a degree of chilliness customised to your own liking! I thought it was a perfect serving size, not too much and not too little =]



I spoke to the workers whilst I was there once and they told me they had been around for a long time now and are therefore able to offer an array of different foods. They offer over 200 items categorised as noodles, soups, rice, dessert and chef specialties and is therefore great for a light snack or a hearty meal. I have not yet been able to try all of the items on their menu (it's hard when all I want is the beef noodle soup) however, I have tried their sweet and sour pork (one of my favourite dishes) and it was not that great. I was fairly disappointed because the pork was slightly soggy so it did not have the crunch that i was looking for. Other dishes that I recommend for you to try are the savoury mince congee and the preserved vegetable omelette. Congee is a traditional soup made from boiling rice and water together and the omelette is made by frying egg and preserved vegetables together so if you aren't an adventurous eater, I would suggest you try the congee first as the preserved vegetable may not be for you.




Hope this helps!

Image source: http://ontheroofeatingcake.blogspot.com/2011/02/mother-chus-taiwanese-gourmet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment